Ductless Heat Pumps
Ductless Heat pumps are becoming more popular over recent years.
The new generation of ductless air source heat pumps are much more effective and efficient than those of 10-20 years ago. Many people have thought that they are only capable of heating homes in the south, well this was particularly true many years ago. However, new technology, refrigerants, and the introduction of inverter driven components and DC voltage uses on heat pumps makes it possible in Maine! Installation of ductless heat pumps for heating or air conditioning is a very good way to decrease the electrical usage of your home by up to half! Window style air conditioners are not only loud, cumbersome to install each year, and store but use much more energy than a new heat pump system.
Ductless Heat pumps are available in Portland Maine for use as heat sources or air conditioning. High-efficiency heat pumps are capable of heating down to -14 degrees with certain types of units. Homeowners in Portland Maine areas can reduce the amount of energy used by oil and gas heating during “shoulder seasons” simply by installing heat pumps! Homeowners can spend much less in oil and gas to heat their homes during the October- December months, and March-May months, lessening the need for fossil fuels.
Ductless Heat Pumps – High-Efficiency Ductless Air Source Heat Pumps and Air Conditioning
Visit Mitsubishi Comfort For Warranty And Product Information Mitsubishi Ductless Heat Pumps
Ductless Heat Pump Installation Process
- A walk through of your home to determine the best heat pump and locations for your needs.
- Typically a 1, 2 or 3 walls hung head (indoor unit) system takes between 5hrs and 2 full days to install.
- Mounting and leveling the indoor head units on a bracket, drilling a hole to the exterior of the home and connecting the communication line, 2 insulated refrigerant lines, and a drain line to each head.
- Running “Line Hide” or “Slim Duct” down the exterior areas of the home to enclose and protect the refrigerant lines from weather and to make it look great! Color options are white, ivory (tan), and brown are available.
- Installing and leveling the mounting bracket on the exterior wall or on a leg kit to mount the condensing unit or (outside unit).
- Mounting the outdoor unit on the bracket and bolting it down to the vibration dampening mounts.
- Connecting the refrigerant lines with flared fittings, communication lines, and 230v power to the outdoor unit in an organized and neat fashion.
- Pressure testing refrigerant lines with dry nitrogen to 600lbs of pressure, for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Once completed, a vacuum pump and micron gauge are attached to the heat pump system and all contaminants and noncondensable materials are cleaned from the system. This is a process that takes time and can be as much as a few hours.
- Refrigerant is then introduced into the freshly installed system and a test of heating and cooling functions are done.
- Once complete, a walk through with the homeowner is conducted to show how the new heat pump system operates.
Mitsubishi is top of the line quality, high efficiency, and affordable heat pumps Cape Elizabeth Maine homeowners love!
*We ONLY install products supplied by our local vendors, this allows us to keep the quality of our work high, and provide you with a warranty on all of our installed equipment. This is another way we keep our customer service to a higher standard.